Credit Suraksha is a comprehensive scheme providing financial security to the members of the unorganized groups and their families through:
- Risk cover which may be loan linked, flat or graded
- Optional life cover for the spouse of the member
Any Micro Finance Institution / bank or an affinity group can be Master Policyholder for this Policy.
- Master Policyholder: Micro financial institution
- Coverage: minimum group size of 100
- Entry Age: 18-64 years
- Policy term: 1 year,renewed every year
- Minimum Group size : 100
- Premium Payment Frequency: Annually, half yearly, quarterly or monthly
- Maximum Sum Assured: Per member- Rs.100,000, Per scheme- Rs.20 lacs
What will the Institution get?
The Master Policyholder will receive the sum assured for that member. If the life cover is greater than the outstanding amount of the loan, then the policy holder will deduct the outstanding balance in the member's account and pay the balance to the beneficiary of the deceased member.