“Protect yourself from Phishing E-mails”:
Phishing scams are one of the most common security challenges that both individuals and Companies face. It is a way of fraudulently acquiring sensitive information using social engineering and technical subterfuge .
It tries to trick users with official-looking messages:
- Credit card details
- Bank Account details
- Account Deactivated
- Your winning Batch No.
- Your personal information etc.
“Safeguard yourself by having following measures”:
- Watch for sensitive information requests and never click on suspicious looking links.
- Be wary of contextually relevant emails from unknown senders.
- Do not revert on e-mails received other than official email id of Aviva i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Do not open e-mails that contains malicious or unwanted software as they can attack your activities or slow your computers.
- Never send sensitive account information by e-mails: Account numbers, passwords etc.
We at Aviva never ask customer personal details or sensitive information over calls or emails. If any person come across any such instances please report at…email@example.com / 1800 180 2266 & 1800 103 7766/ 0124 2709046.