You can now make a Top Up in your Aviva policy in a quick and easy manner. Introducing the online Top-Up premium payment facility.
To avail this facility, you need to
- Logon to your Aviva Account or click here
- Select the policy for making top up payment & choose top up amount
- Choose payment option and provide your Credit Card/Bank Information for authorization.
What is Top up Premium?
A top up premium is the extra premium that the policyholder pays over and above the regular premium in ULIP. It gives the flexibility to the policy holder to increase the value of investments over a long term .
When can you Top-up your policy?
Top-up facility can be availed anytime during the policy term if all due premiums for the policy till date have been paid.
How to choose Top-up amount?
The maximum amount of top-up that can be paid varies for different products. In most cases, the amount should not exceed 25% of the total premium paid. Minimum top-up amount is always clearly defined in the policy document.
What are the charges levied on Top Up?
A premium allocation charge is levied on the paid Top Up premium. This charge varies from policy to policy and is usually between 0% to 3%. However, the policyholder usually gets higher allocation compared to the regular premium.
Are Switch & Partial Withdrawal allowed in Top Up Premium?
Partial withdrawal usually allowed after 3 years from the date of top-up without any penalty (in case your policy has been issued post Sep 2010 then it is allowed after 5 years) & switch between funds is allowed as and when required.
Does Top Up Premium provide the Tax benefits?
Tax benefits that can be availed are:
- Pension Policy : Tax benefits under the policy are subject to conditions under section 80CCC and 10(10A) of the Income Tax Act, 1961. Amount received on surrender or as pension is taxable as income. The tax laws are subject to amendments from time to time.
- Life Policies : Tax benefits under the policy are subject to conditions under section 80C and 10(10D) of the Income Tax Act, 1961.The tax laws are subject to amendments from time to time and will be as per the prevailing tax laws.
Top up features are listed above are generic in nature and may vary from policy to policy. Kindly refer to your policy documents for details.
Click here to Top Up Premium online.